6 July 2014

Another glammy mani party


An exciting day on Friday = Jentie celebrated her 7th birthday with a glammy mani party with her friends at her home! There were eight wee girls aged five to seven, and one wee boy (her brother). Mom Emily is a total star and baked the most amazing cake!!! It was a treasure chest - in pink!!



I had been informed beforehand that fav colours were magenta, yes magenta, rainbow colours and brights. And sparkle. I took a selection of about 20 polishes with me. They had set up a real mani table for me so I could do manis while the others did games. One girl after another, the birthday girl going last. That is the best way as then she can see all the other designs and choose the best idea for herself - or pool some together.




I didn't get a lot of names, so all will remain nameless. A total fab combo was the turquoise glitter and pink! Two girls wanted a vertical split, the other a skittlette type combo. I had to put an opaque turquoise under the glitter to make it pop and the first time I did that the wee girl said, "Stop! I didn't choose that one!". Too funny!




Pink was pretty much the go-to on colour choice, with red as a second choice. The girl with the shortest (bitten) nails wanted glitter. Do you realize how hard it is to fish glitter on to super short nails??! I think he was happy in the end (probably won't last long, anyway).




A really pretty combo was the turquoise and glitter! (For Audrey topped with Your Present Required). And no party complete without at least one pink glitter combo!! The wee brother won a red car in one of the games and got his thumbs painted red to match!



Finally it was Jentie's turn and I told her she could have anything she wanted. The birthday girl wanted dotted flowers and had the prettiest mani of the bunch. It was getting darker and darker, though, so dotting wee flowers was becoming a tad of a struggle. True to form, we had magenta on her accent nails. The others received a turquoise base with red and magenta dotted flowers - and some black accent lines and dots.
Everybody gets a "got glam mani'd" badge after their mani and the birthday girl also gets a certificate to prove she is now an official glammy! I had the most fun, all the girls were sweet. Glammy mani parties are not reserved for the young ones! Any age can have fun, from a girls night in to hen afternoons to getting ready to go out parties. You can read more about the parties here: Glammy Mani Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...