10 July 2014

Swirls and dots à la Lucy



Taking inspiration from the queen herself, I was enamored in one of Lucy's current manis. It was all swirls and dots (and you can read about it here!). Naturally, hers is in another league but I gave it a shot. And to be fair to myself, I didn't look at hers again until just now, so was working from memory. I stuck with my same colour combo, day 5 of the gelicious mani base. Since the gel only comes off with acetone-d remover, I used non-acetone remover to get rid of the other nail art and matte top coat.



I used acrylic paints for the whole design. I started with pure white on the pink nail (or on the blue nail of my right hand) then added a tad of red - or blue - (and again another tad) for the other lines. For the dots I mixed the red and blue with white for a similar yet lighter shade. I used the smallest dotting tool for the dots, thin 000 brush for the lines.


right hand
Now that I see Lucy's I realize that my spokes aren't very thin or consistent. But I like my dots! All in all, I think the right hand looks better than the left (blue lines and pink dots vs the other way around). And both hands together look really nice. Normal top coat sealed the deal and also brought the lines together much better.



I will probably put a coat of gel top coat on before the market so I can do manis and not worry about ruining my art. This is day 5 of the gel mani and that little bit of tip wear is still there (has not increased) with no other tip wear to be seen. Below my hands together and queen herself with the most beautiful "template"!!



inspired by lucy

4 comments:

  1. Yours looks gorgeous, doesn't matter that it's not the same as the original! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mani looks really cool, I like that you've changed the colours as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *bowing down to queen lucy*.... thx girl! it did get heaps of compliments and I liked looking at the pink-blue combo.

      Delete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...