7 July 2014

Gelicious blue and pink candy magic


Although I have some new totally fab "normal" polishes to try, I could not resist another gelicious mani. I'll be wearing enough normal colours while I am away soon. I only wore the fourth of July nails for 5 days and then I was over it. The mani was still going strong but enough was enough. They were also a tad thick, too, and that bothered me. All the layers of gel mani and then the nail art and then another coat of gel top coat to protect at glammy mani parties. Funny enough, you couldn't see it - but it felt heavy.



I decided to do a mini skittlette with two beautiful bonbon type shades: Aztec Blue and Strawberry Milkshake. They are so pretty! And I have a nail art idea for the next day or so. Aztec Blue is a robin's egg type blue. Not quite a For Audrey blue, but a beautiful soft shade. Strawberry Milkshake is a creamy pale pink, very delicate. I used three thin coats each. After two coats I was not happy enough with the coverage. Then, of course, cured with gelicious top coat.



The nails shine so much and the colours really pop! I applied an alternating skittlette with the blue and pink. It still takes the best part of 45 minutes to do my nails. Application is key, and wrapping the tips. I tried a new idea of wrapping first then painting my nail but I prefer the other way around. I paint the nail, wrap, then repaint the tips to smooth out. My technique is improving but still need to work on the wrapping to make it cleaner.



In pure digital timer time it takes 6 minutes for the three sets and full mani, but there is a lot of work between the sets. Thirty secs a cure x 4 cures (three coats plus top coat) x 3 sets (left hand, right hand, thumbs). Not really that bad as the mani lasts days. Better to invest in a good foundation and be happy and carefree for days!


I think this is the perfect look for dreary grey days, don't you?! Will update later with some nail art but am happy to rock this for a couple of days alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...