29 July 2014

Second day nail art school


Howdy rowdies! Today was day two and even though it looks like I didn't do much, I did. The work is very detailed and exhausting as you are concentrating. It is also great fun, but demanding. Normally you wouldn't do this much repetitive art at one time. My hand is tired after three hours straight.



I started with some warm up petals to get my hand flowing, then worked further in blue on my Doc Shaba flowers. I also learned a new hibiscus type flower and practiced that. It seems one of my petals (the last one in my flower) is always on a diet, says Severine! Too thin. So, this will be my trademark look! Ha! Known the world over!


Then I got out a nail tip and drew a bit on that. It is different than just drawing on a flat surface. Also, it is different drawing on polish vs. laminate. My job today was a new "set" of nails with two different flowers and tiny lines. Oh, those tiny lines!


First, I had to prepare (=make) my brush. Then it is practice to get the hand-brush-paint amount correct. The flower petals are tiny so the little petal lines are super tiny. I must continue practicing that tomorrow. And heaps more after that! My petals are pretty good, though. I have the feel for that. Slowly I am imagining all this new nail art - exciting new world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...