28 July 2014

First day nail art school


Hi girls! I am going to nail art and manicure tech school in Pai!! Renewing my basics for certification and more involved artwork using acrylics. Nothing spectacular but a good solid foundation. Like art school. Severine has a nail studio in Pai, originally from Montreux. Today we went through brushes, how to style a bad brush into a good one, some acrylic mix tricks and petal formation.



Severine is all about natural nails and natural art. She does offer gel and shellac but no tips. And..... no tape manis for her! That said, she doesn't do styles like that. But she has a point as in your studio/salon 1) the client doesn't want to sit forever for art to be done and 2) the client will never pay the price for involved artwork. I have witnessed that myself a bit. So today I drew a lot of petals with my newly formed brush. I kind of knew the concept but always had the wrong brush stroke. Making a row of perfect petals is not easy. Patience is key, work slow. Don't get all Robin Moses zippy! Keep the ball solid and then add the lower stroke. You want squat, not elongated.



After I did tons of petals then I formed flowers. I tried tiny flowers for short nails or toes and larger flowers for long nails. Then I started a mani on my sketch board using different colours. Then my hand got tired!



Tomorrow is another day! Can't wait to draw more. Practice, practice, practice! I am hoping to solidify my prior knowledge and learn new techniques to be able to offer the best possible affordable nail art at my studio.

2 comments:

  1. WOW I love your wee flowers PK. You did well Girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx A! it is a fab experience, all shaping up!

      Delete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...