30 December 2014

52wkCrumpet14: three shades of purple


This is week fourteen of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: dots and three shades of purple (either each alone or combined). I chose purple as dotting tools are next week, and I didn't feel like dots! Purple is my second favourite colour (after green) so I decided to do my signature waterfall mani. I am in no way implying that I made up the whole waterfall idea, but I use this mani a lot for clients and in my To Go sets and see it as one of my "signature" looks.


I started with two coats of OPI Peace & Love & OPI (shade 1). This is a purple based oil slick of a colour, that shimmers in green (talk about a two-puncher!!!). There are also aspects of steel grey.


Using a 00 slimmed down brush I added the wisps of the waterfall. I started with Zoya Monica (shade 2), followed by OPI A Grape Fit! (shade 3). Then I combined shades two and three into my last wisps (so technically still using three shades of purple, if you interpret "shades" as "polishes").



I took the liberty of adding some glitter as it is New Year's Eve soon and this will be my mani for that. I dabbed Glitzology Baby Dragon (a purple and green glitter) on to the cuticle base. I had to work off a palette as the polish is very thick. I also thinned it down with clear polish. This is the perfect glitter for this mani as all the colours come together.

right hand
I trimmed my nails down for a couple of reasons. A major one is to show ladies (and clients) that you can have shorter nails and still do art of groovy stuff. So many stare at their nails and think they are ugly or too short or any other reason to convince themselves that they don't want-need-desire polish. In addition, they were getting too long and typing is much easier now!


This will be my last mani – and post – for 2014. So, Happy New Year to all and may you slide into the new year with ease. Hoping 2015 will bring us all closer to nail art nirvana! Thanks all for reading and following, and I thank you for offering me inspiration in your posts and blogs. I put together my "best of 2014" page if you want to catch a peek (Best of 2014). Cheers girls! xx


6 comments:

  1. Love this-I think a purple waterfall is going to be on my to do list💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the waterfall look! It is elegant or zany depending on your colour choice, relatively fast and effective. Thanks so much for liking, let me know how yours turns out!

      Delete
  2. I lovee this manicure!
    your nails look amazing ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...