31 July 2014

Fourth day nail art school



Today was a shorter day, and it went by quickly. I arrived later in the afternoon to homework prepared for me to do. I was sans teacher today. But I had my job to do: she wanted two full sets of nails and for me to practice dragonflies, hearts, lines and diamond shapes. And French tips. Well, that was not accomplished! By the time I had cleaned my station and done my warm up and some practice thirty minutes had zipped by.


My first full set was to be cherries - a totally fab for me to do with Central Otago cherry season and all that jazz. I used a lime green two toned background (first coat a full tone lime, second coat a light green shimmer). I mixed a deep red and drew cherries. Then, mixing black and brown, drew stems. 



The leaves were drawn in two-tone greens. I added highlights to the cherries and leaves and added random dots. Lastly, I dabbed on gold glitter. They look better in person (!), I am very happy with them and think they will be a real eye-catcher at the market and in the studio. I had zero concept for time so after drawing some practice dragonflies and flowers started my second set choosing an Orly (double yuck) MINI bottle of what turned out to be too old (= thick) yellow shimmer. Took forever to dry enough to work.



Severine wanted hearts so I did hearts. I draw hearts all the time so this was super fun using my new brilliant thin brush. I mixed dark pink and purple for the baby hearts. Then, all of a sudden, the Mr was there to pick me up. So I stopped and will continue tomorrow with lines and dots and don't know yets. Bye girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...