10 January 2014

GOT: pink – Field of Love flowers gradient skittlette



Blatant creative plug! I had this idea for nails and a pendant, and earrings and nails (not to wear together, but designing off each other). Then I saw the pink GOT (golden oldie Thursday) prompt, and knowing Valentine's Day is on the horizon thought this would be a good time to do this. I am very happy with how everything turned out. And that is why I am up on a cloud and wanting to share!



The mani is an ABBCC skittlette, though the CCs are hard to decypher from the A. A (pinkie) is one of my oldest polishes: a mini bottle of OPI Strawberry Margarita. Been around my basket since the ark. Eeck, mini bottle! I had visions of the polish being a big gloopy mess. But no. Not super "new" but definitely applicable. The polish is very similar to China Glaze Wicked Style, a tad warmer. For the CCs I used a base of Margarita and then marbled tip layers of the heart neon to bring the heart colour back into the mani. Not a total success story, but it worked.



The BBs are my pride and joy. The gradient was a four part deal and uses all piCture pOlish holos that I have had for over a year (still complying by the got-rules!). From cuticle to tip: hope, cosmos, jealousy, kryptonite, though the main components are cosmos and jealousy. Take it back, I just got jealousy. Oh well, most have been in the stash for a year. I top coated this before continuing. Then I drew the tulip hearts (ring) and balloon (middle) with thin black strokes and filled them in with China Glaze Neon & On & On. Careful top coat over that.


right hand
I did my nails and the pendant-necklace simultaneously, but backwards! What a trip! And I was so cautious (i.e. scared) to mess up my drawings that I tread quite lightly in the beginning. So below a couple of more shots of my earrings and pendant and nails - and Harvey being nice sociable to me and watching me photograph. Here is the link to the pendant in my etsy shop (shop). Oh, my hands and arms are pretty scratched up from tiny George - rude little bugger!


Check out all the other girls below!!! And, apologies if my design doesn't fit the rules. But the pink is old, as is most of the rest and the mani is 3/5ths pink!!

5 comments:

  1. Your work is amazing!!!! I'm definitely going to follow you!! I think this is the best part of a challenge - getting to know new awesome blogs and people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these! I think they came out so well, and love all the colors you choose. I hope you add these to the Valentine's Day blog hop that's getting started soon, they are just too cool not to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the kind comments!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...