17 February 2015

52wkCrumpet21: Geometric, and blue-yellow-green



This is week 21 of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: geometric and blue-yellow-green (either each alone or combined). I chose both and combined the colours geometrically.


I started with a two coat base of a Thailand indie in bright blue. A good summery blue, not too dark and it pops in the sun.



Using a fine brush – this is all freehand, no tape – I first drew yellow rectangles and thingies on my left hand in OPI Need Sunglasses. I went over a couple of times for coverage. Then, for my right hand, I did the same in mirror design using OPI Jade is the New Black. I don't have a bright summery green (imagine! I have so much green!!). But most of my shades are darker or holographic or in some way unsuited.


Then I added geometric accents to the nails using the other colour, i.e. green on the yellow, and yellow on the green. I waited a bit then top coated (didn't want to smear).


I like that the mani is basically bright blue with just smidgens of colour. I am very early this week. Hoping to redo my nails for a wine function the end of the week. Have the ambitious idea of drawing grapes - but may shelf that if time runs out! Bye girls x.




4 comments:

  1. I love love love this mani! Very modern abstract look - clean, simple and striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot. And I am having trouble coming up with anything for this one. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...