18 July 2014

Starburst flowers on Essie Sable Collar


Hi girls! I had intended to do a last gel mani for the whole week but that did not want to do what I wanted. I need to tweak that polish and try again and then I will write about that experience. Do want to give the colour a second chance before I call up the relationship doctor! So, I decided to do an acrylic mani on a hardly used beautiful brown.


Now, I am also totally behind in posting this (waaaay too much jewellery to make this week - but I guess that's a good thing) and I had heaps of film marketing to do as well. I am right now on my fourth day with this and it still looks totally fab - NO chips! I just gave it a new top coat to be shiny for tomorrow and there are zero chippos. I wonder...... I decided to use my old tried and true China Glaze Strong Adhesive base coat this time. Over the past months I have been using Seche Clear, mainly because I bought a jumbo refill size. It never as felt as good as the CG. And here is the proof as this mani is still rockin'! That usually doesn't happen with SC.



I started with two coats of Essie Sable Collar, a warm rich chocolate brown with a shimmer. A velvety brown. I think this is a beautiful winter tone and it covers very well in two coats. Then I got out the acrylics and a small flat brush. I wanted to create overlapping starbursts.



First, I mixed yellow and white (and water) and applied all the yellow flowers. Such a simple design, just dip the end of the flat brush in the colour and then apply in a wheel spoke type pattern. I keep cleaning off the brush by wiping and squeezing it together with my fingers to keep the tip thin and tight. Then, using orange and white and water, I did the same with the next colour. And again with a very very peachy light. I added some white dots in the middle of the flower and wherever else I thought they should be!


right hand
Top coat really brought it all together and smoothed out the acrylics. I waited a bit before applying so that I wouldn't smear any of the paint. Acrylics dry fairly quickly, though. and if you hover over the nail with the top coat (vs really applying it with force) you usually don't touch the art.



So.... like I said, have been a busy bee. I thought of this new pendant design, called Cosmic Dandelion. I haven't put it on etsy or anything. Well, I just finished it and tomorrow is the market. Maybe I'll sell it. And if not, we are away soon on holiday so why bother with etsy for the time being. I really like it (duh...) and think it would be a great larger painting.


cosmic dandelion
I don't know how everyone artsy is out there but not everything I make I like super duper 100%. I like everything, but see room for improvement, or not even - just didn't jell. Then there are objects I really really like, it all came together and just pops. I usually price these higher so that I can stare at them longer. And if someone buys it, then at least I got a good price for it. Then there is all the bread-and-butter stuff that always sells and I keep making. My wee bracelets for instance. I don't even put those on etsy; just little hand drawn hearts in a delicate charm. Wish me luck for tomorrow - last market for a bit. Really going to miss it!

1 comment:

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...