3 July 2014

My Ripponburn ladies 11:14

gladys' nails looked totally fab!
Another great Ripponburn day!! This time the room was totally full – though, a couple of men were there, husbands and such! The chairs were all facing the TV so it looked a bit like an auditorium. Star pupil of the day was Gladys. Her nails looked amazing – a silver foil topped with an Emily de Molly glitter bomb! Hard to capture but the jelliness of the glitter allowed the silver gleam to come through. I must remember this for myself.

lilian
helly
meg
Lilian was first as she was last the time before. I try to even everything up, though I never know how long people have been waiting. Helly told me she comes down right after lunch. I guess there is not much more to do. Helly tried a colour changing polish; goes from brick red to tomato red depending on hot and cold. I had two newbies and the one, Meg (from Scotland originally), also tried the colour changing red.

margaret
joan
joyce
Margaret – and my Joan – also got on the colour changing bandwagon but this time tried a subtle pink with glitter. This is a really cool shade (I also have this in green, my total fab). Even though it was Janice's birthday, and I had heaps of blues for her, she opted out today. I tried to get Joyce on to something else but then she said: "It wouldn't feel the same". So pink shimmer it is!

teresa
lena
joan 2nd
My second newbie was Teresa and she wanted gold, so I did a double up on glitters. Lena went for a darker red, something more wintery. I tried a CND on her. She can't really she it but the dark colour did look good on her skin tone. Joan the 2nd tried something totally new for her, a grey glitter. I am afraid she is getting less and less articulate. Just things I notice every other week. Am certainly no doctor, but she seems a bit out of it. Makes me a bit sad.

nellie
ina
Well, next in line for the star pupil awards are Nellie and Ina. They were last and had decided they wanted nail art. I still had my dotted flowers and Ina liked that idea. I really like that they are getting more and more courageous with their nails. And both have beautiful nails, too. Nellie had the stand by elegant tip with glitter and Ina gradiented sky-grass with flowers. I really wasn't prepared for the sky-grass gradient so had to work with the colours I brought. Even though we had heaps of time till teatime, the staff was rushing us to leave the room. I told her I will take the ladies down, we have to finish this first! Art takes time! haha. And it all had to be top-coated. I am pretty quick, but I also want the ladies to enjoy their nails as they have to look at them for almost two weeks.

Mani breakdowns:
Gladys: one coat Butter London Lillibet's Jubilee, one coat Emily de Molly Scarlet's Red, top coat.  Lilian: one coat a-england Rose Bower.
Helly: two coats Pretty & Polished Vampire strikes back.
Meg:  two coats Pretty & Polished Vampire strikes back, top coat.
Margaret: two coats Pretty & Polished Flip Flop Fuggetaboutit!, top coat. 
Joan: two coats Pretty & Polished Flip Flop Fuggetaboutit! 
Joyce: one coats Revlon Innocent. 
Teresa: one coat CG Blonde Bombshell, one coat Orly Sashay My Way, top coat. 
Lena: one coat CND Dark Lava.
Nellie: one coat OPI Bubble Bath, gradient tips in CND Dark Lava, glitter passage in CG techno, top coat.

Ina: one coat OPI Warsaw..., tips in CG Winter Holly, dotted flowers in OPI Need Sunglasses? and CG White, top coat. 
Joan 2nd: two coats Butter London
No More Waity Katie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...