13 May 2014

OPI Navy Shatter over lots of blue


This is a new OPI shatter for me, got in a recent destash. I always thought navy blue is a nice alternative to black. The only downside to shatter is that it eats top coat, so I usually apply two thick coats.



I started with a black base then two coats of China Glaze Deviantly Daring. DD is a fab duochrome which shimmers teal. Very stunning over black and a polish I use often at Ripponburn. Great base for art, too.



Then I topped with a thin coat of shatter. That is key, thin coat. Shatter is weird because you don't think it is doing anything until presto, effect! A pretty simple mani, but very effective. The duochrome underneath adds depth and shimmer to the shatter. And the blues on blue add a bit of elegance. This was top coated twice with Out the Door.




Life is going along nicely here, though still a tad too full. Day by day one step closer to the end of the month and the café blues are behind us (I hope). Have been to another market and it was mega fab! Finished a custom pendant and even surprised myself! More in blogs later. "Day" job of marketing cinemas is also coming together really well with an Opening Night Gala this Sat eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...