12 February 2014

Valentine's 2014: a bit of Gwen love



Confession right off: this mani is really difficult to photograph. It doesn't help much that the skies have been overcast. Don't know why, but the gold reacts weird with the black and the photos are not capturing the satiny finish of the gold..... at all. This is my take on Valentine's this year and I can't include it in GOT as these are obviously not old polishes. Not really as black as it appears (ha! - so, anti-Valentine....). Relationshipwise I am in a very good place. Though the Mr is all bloke Kiwi and not even interested in the day, apparently. Time will tell on that one.



Visually this is a pure OPI Gwen Stefani mani. But I cheated on the red as I did not buy her "signature" red. Looked like a lot of other reds to me. So I snuck (i.e. substituted) in Zoya Sooki for the red. I'm pretty sure the mani would look exactly the same with her red. I used L.A.M.B. as the beautiful gold, and 4 in the Morning (with a dab of Zoya Storm) for the black.



I started with a coat of red on that part of my nail that was to be taped. Waited. Then I taped off using thin nail art tape and applied two coats of L.A.M.B. Took the tape off immediately after coat two. Then I waited again. I freehand drew hearts and filled them in using my dotting tool with 4 in the Morning and Storm. I added a couple of red hearts for good measure. I purposely didn't fill in perfectly, wanting to leave a very freehand aspect to the hearts.



The top coat pretty much cancelled out the matte of the polish. If you get it in just the right light, you can see that the gold is full of satiny pearly bits. Really, really pretty. And application is super smooth, like velvet.

right hand

Now, if I can get my act together I may be able to do another V mani, this time for GOT challenge. I have the perfect red for that. But tomorrow night is movie night (currently a non-event in regard to attendance) so won't be able to do nails in the eve.


George has been trying to get Harvey's attention. Look at me, Harvey!! It's me, Harvey! Harvey doesn't care. I took off today. Wasn't feeling 100% and Monday was such a terrible day businesswise that I decided to stay home two days instead of just one. I managed to get a lot of jewelry finished and designed and created, so that is good. Back to work tomorrow, hoping for better business and a successful film night.


And..... made a pendant to match (more here)!!

1 comment:

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...