23 September 2014

2014 China Glaze haul


Today I finally found time to swatch some new China Glaze polishes and can't wait to share their coolness! I received these about four days ago and have been staring at them ever since. I have:
• Rest in Pieces (Apocalypse of Color 2014 collection)
• Choo Choo Choose You (All Aboard 2014 collection)
• Mind the Gap (All Aboard 2014 collection)
• Carpe Diem (Celebrate Courage 2014 collection) 
• Sheer Bliss (Celebrate Courage 2014 collection)
• Life is Beautiful (Celebrate Courage 2014 collection)


I thought these were the picks (well, my picks) of each collection. Judging from some online research; I found that a lot of the colours of the collections were near dupes to others and I just didn't need them. In time, I will use these in manis, but for now swatch sticks will have to do!




First up is Rest in Pieces. This is from their 2014 Halloween collection "Apocalypse of Color". Altogether there are six shades, but one is the glow-in-the-dark top coat and there are two pink-toned ones. I am always up for new groovy glitters and this does not disappoint. The base is clear with copper, gold and black flecks plus holographic bars. Copper is the dominant metal and that is a nice change from all the golds out there. I applied one thickish layer over a nude and I think this would look really good over other brown and gold tones.



I have two polishes from the 2014 All Aboard collection. That is a massive collection of twelve or so polishes and most – to me – were fairly non-eventful. I chose two that I thought were different and something I did not have.

mind the gap

choo choo choose me
Top we have Mind the Gap. This is a olive green golden shimmer that leans towards beige. A very pretty tone and opaque in two coats, but a third would not hurt. There is a bit of Princess Sabra going on but this is much darker and the quality is not as silky. Below is Choo Choo Choose Me – a very groovy and unique shade. The bottle looks purple in the direct dun, dark green in the shade. You have some Ozotic-esque type duochromes going on. And then again a bit of bronze. Definitely opaque in two coats.




I thought this could be close to OPI Peace & Love & OPI so I did a comp. OPI has much more purple tones to it. Choo is a bronze based duochrome.

L>R: life is beautiful, carpe diem, sheer bliss
L>R: sheer bliss (3 coats), carpe diem, life is beautiful
Then I have three polishes from the 2014 Breast Cancer Awareness collection called Celebrate Courage. I really like the fact that these three dry matte! The other three are red glossys – really not that exciting.

L>R: carpe diem, life is beautiful, sheer bliss (2 coats)
Carpe Diem is a pink tinged white. In the bottle it looks white but it is not. It rather has the colour of white wash when you add red sox!!! Very dainty, good consistency, two coats opaque. Life is Beautiful is a classic bubblegum pink, but in matte. Same consistency, opaque in two. Sheer Bliss is a vanilla tinged white. This has a much runnier consistency and you need three coats for opacity. I tried with two but you will note non-coverage on the swatch. All three are gorgeous and I can imagine them on bridal nails or as a good base for art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...