1 August 2014

Fifth day nail art school


Today was a very productive day! Altogether I now have five finished sets on my super deluxe display board. I plan on whipping up something snazzier for the future but for now this is pretty cool. Five different looks. I am bound in background colours by the box behind the desk, mainly Revlons. And mainly beige shimmers or reds. In my mind I want periwinkle blue, but alas, not possible.


First I finished the hearts from yesterday. Was brain dead on that one so practiced dotting with my brush and added some glitter. The hearts are pretty cute and I added depth with red on the pink, but not the best combo.


For my next set my homework was diamond flowers and the dragonfly (or whatever we will call it). I started with a diagonal duo of a lilac nude and purple. While that dried I mixed my colours. I was going for a tone-in-tone purple look. I wanted a different look on the board away from the yellows and greens.



I painted the diamond flowers in dark then added lighter inner petals. The leaves are two toned in green with green bits in the middle. I added the dragonfly on two fingers. This looks better live as the lighting in the studio is poor. Dabbed some silver glitter on, too. On to my last set for the day. Severine was dead set on me doing strawberries. I suggested apples as well (Otago being the apple capital). So we agreed on that one.



I wanted a light bright blue background but nothing was there. Didn't want yet another light green or white or nude. So tried a metallic blue from Revlon. By the way, none of the polishes have names, only numbers! Then I drew the apples and accent nail strawberries in deep red, added accents in dark brown and yellow. I really like my leaves! And the blue is not too bad, though could be lighter. Again, this looks better live. So that was day five! No idea that is on tomorrow - we will see! Ciao x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...