1 October 2014

52wkCrumpet1: 2-tone gradient teal with negative design on accent




This is the beginning of Crumpet's new 52 week challenge and I am so excited to begin again! This is a great one as the "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: two-tone gradient and teal (either each alone or combined). I combined.



The base is Pahlish Sitting in a Tin Can. It is a great grey with a concrete aspect to it. Flecks of black and white embedded in the grey. Then I chose Manshong teal as my gradient colour. One coat of top coat brought it all together.


right hand
I decided to do two accent nails (ring on left, index on right) using a negative checkboard design with nuanced colouring. For the checkboard I used Layla CE50 grey (the Pahlish would not have been as effective), China Glaze For Audrey, basic black and the Manshong teal. I applied the tape to my nude nail (no base coat) and then used a tiny brush to fill in the squares. I top coated twice.



right hand
The grey and teal work well together and the darker Pahlish adds extra dimension. I really like the checkerboard in negative. Though fiddly, totally cool!
Can't wait to see what the others do! The more ambitious will do two prompts a week, but I am hoping to stick to one! Cheers girls! x


6 comments:

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...