4 September 2014

Skittlette with Poppies Magic from NZ indie Peacock Pie



This polish is a dream and very inspiring! I had an idea before I had even applied it!! NZ indie polish maker Peacock Pie (here her etsy shop) is relatively new to the polish scene. But she has a super love of glitter and though usually a bit blue-purple heavy (hence "peacock") she got inspired herself by the art of Jasmine Becket-Griffith (her Strangeling website here) and created these limited edition polishes. Loving green (and the combo with black and red) I chose Poppies Magic – how could you lose????



I created a skittlette using a base on all nails of one coat of Cult Nails Deal with It (a neon-y lime green) topped with one coat of Thai Diffi in a lime green shimmer. Three of my nails (pinkie, ring and thumb) were painted in ruffian with Poppies Magic. I used two coats of this Peacock Pie glitter - the polish is very creamy and opaque! Not like usual glitters, so you can definitely wear this on its own. But I wanted to incorporate the lime green aspect and thought of a ruffian design.


just finished, studio lighting, no clean-up

My thumb, middle and index fingers were painted using acrylic paints. I added a black elongated stripe under and up the side of the ruffian of my thumbs, and a white dot. The other two main fingers were first painted in alternating stripes in black (actually a very dark grey) and white. Then I added flowers in a two-tone red with white and black accents. What I really like is that the white on the lime green caused the white to be oh-so light yellow (similar to the glitter specks) – that gives the nails a vintage Hawai'ian look.


I took my time and did a proper right hand (non-dominant). The ruffians, of course, were simple but the stripes and flowers were more complicated using my left hand. The whole mani took well over two hours to complete. But then I was creating as I went and working on multiple levels at the same time (I simultaneously did a nail set). When done I top coated with Out the Door.



The green really pops and the colour combo with Poppies Magic is fab. The glitter of PM is really cool and has brilliant red, white and black specks of different sizes. The only specks that are larger are the red ones. Well done, Serra, on this fantastic shade – and I hope I can get a back-up!!! Hope y'all like it. This mani will take we through the weekend at the market.
Cheers! xx


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Easy peasy! A beaute of a colour, too. Seriously, need back up!!

      Delete
  2. Lovely green indie! And I also adore your flowery nails! I really liked reading about your nail course in Thailand and I can see you used your flower petal practice to good use!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...