7 October 2014

Mind the Gap with waterfall accent



This is a mani I wore a couple of weeks ago featuring one of my new China Glaze polishes: Mind the Gap from the All Aboard 2014 collection. The tone is an olive based golden brown with shimmer. Really very pretty, albeit a tad autumnal for our kind of wanna-be spring. I applied two coats as a base.




Using a long art brush, I then painted a waterfall effect from the cuticle with five different polishes. I started with the red, did every finger then changed colours. In the end I added some dark green glitter. I top coated with Out the Door.



right hand
This was so popular that a lady ordered a nail set in similar colours for her race day outfit! I am still working on those, so will update on that experience later. In fact, I have done quite a few client manis with this design - really quite simple but effective.


golden tone in full sun

Colours used for waterfall effect:
Zoya Pepper (brick red)
Zoya Hunter (forest green)
Zoya Evvie (grey green)
Zoya Louise (chocolate)
China Glaze Winter Holly (dark green glitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...