23 October 2014

52wkCrumpet4: 1970s design with grey and red


This is week four of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: 1970s design, and grey and another colour (either each alone or combined). I combined.


right hand
I went to high school in the 70s so grey was a fab choice as my school colours were grey and red. So those are the colours I am working off of. The very bottom base is still the Gelicious Lemon Meringue gel that I applied last week. Using non-acetone remover I removed my yellow flowers. My polish choices are Layla Ceramic Effect Sweet Concrete (grey) and Zoya Sooki (red) and I applied in alternating accents (ring, thumb, index, pinkie). Two coats each then I top coated. I think grey and red are a nice combo and this red has a tomato aspect to it - so, very cheerful.


I have vivid memories of my jean situation during the 70s. It seemed that the proverbial "everyone except me" was wearing these cool bell bottom jeans with double button up fronts. Or double zips. Like sailor jeans, but wide and bell-bottomy. I had to wait for-ever until the style was at FedCo where we always shopped. I was so proud of those jeans! I felt like I fit in and was finally "cool". They were a faded jean with double brass buttons – and actually long enough for my tall skinny legs!!


Using black acrylic paint I drew the bell bottoms then highlighted with bronze acrylic paint. So, that is my interpretation of 70s design this week. More a 70s memory, or a 70s style than a design per se.
Looking forward to seeing the others - ciao bellas x




No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...