13 October 2014

52wkCrumpet3: 1960s design in matte



This is week three of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: 1960s design and matte or textured (either each alone or combined). I combined.


Am early in the week on this one as we are going away on the weekend and will need to do my nails to match my outfit. This prompt I had a difficult time choosing a design. I immediately thought "pop art" when I read 60s, but then did some research and there are all sorts of things out there. And, historically speaking, pastel tones were mega in as the red of the 1950s was so yesterday! I got confused. I ended up doing a bubble lava lamp type design and matted the accents.


I started with an alternating base of Zoya Wednesday and LA Girls purple. I thought they looked a bit 60s. Just for the fun of it I matted the purple ones to see how they looked. Really like how that looks, the purple heather tone is perfect.

harvey being a lazy nerd and waiting for me to open the door

Then I mixed chartreuse (another great 60s colour, and don't you just love the name!) in acrylic paints and painted bubbles and lines. Using the polishes, I filled in the bubbles in alternating colours and added more bubbles on the sides. I only matted the purple nails but think with the designs, all need to be matted. So I may end of matting them all. For now they are like this.



Since it waaay early week (Monday here) I will rock this till about Thursday eve when I have to start my mani for the weekend. Off to an 80th and must match my dress!
Looking forward to seeing the other girls and how they interpret the 60s. Cheers ya'll x.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thx so much Anita! Was really on the fence about it. I did think the purple in matte looked fab - purple matte yay!

      Delete
  2. Really nice bright and colourful manicure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the different shades that you used to create this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Julia! Purple and blue are always nice together!

      Delete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...