14 October 2014

My Ripponburn ladies 15:14

janice

Then I arrived the ladies were listening to country music. A local duo had their amps, guitar and organ set up and were singing songs of the past. Miss Joan was singing along! We all listened for about two more songs and then it was time for them to go and me to begin!


This day I started with Janice. The kindest soul, rather trapped in her wheelchair-bed-thing. Sometimes she needs to go back to her room so I wanted to be sure she got her mani. Usually Janice goes for blues and teals but today decided on lilac with some blue based glitter.

margaret
dorothy
jenny
Margaret wanted a soft pink, but an elegant look – so I added some side glitter accents. Both Dorothy and Jenny wanted purple, so that was easy! Jenny is lucky as she doesn't need to keep one finger free so gets a "full" mani. It is a bit of a shame to leave one finger out, but I do understand the reasoning.

ina
nellie
Ina had something very similar to last time, but I used my new China Glaze glitter from their current Halloween collection (Apocalypse of Color). And Nellie stayed pretty true to her blues but had alternating accents. Funny.... Lots of ladies like the same colours but I always cringe when they say "pink" but never when they say "blue"! I guess pink seems so.... normal and non-adventurous. But in the end, it can look just as groovy and elegant as any other colour. There is a lesson to be learned here!

joan
gladys
lilian
Ah yes, pink. Miss Joan had the dusty pink. Gladys let me do whatever I wanted so I chose a caramel base with holo green in ruffian. After all the pinks and blues I felt like someone should have green! Lilian was last and also wanted purple but I jazzed it up with an accent in lilac and glitter. She had waited so long.

aniya
And last but not least – but still tiny!: Jenny's six-year-old niece was visiting and wanted her nails done as well. She had to wait until the very end to be sure we did not run out of time. And she was very patient and got neon bright pink. Her accents I did in full glitter so she had some bling, too. Jenny was wondering what her mum will say, but that's not our problem!!!

Mani breakdown:
all had Seche Clear as a base, two coats of base polish and Out the Door as a top coat.

Margaret: China Glaze Pink of Me, BYS Cold as Ice accents
Janice: Thai Flower Pot lilac, China Glaze Your Present Required accents
Dorothy & Jenny: Layla Purple Galaxy
Joan: Kyo Kyo dusty rose
Nellie: CND Vinylux Blue Rapture, alternating accents in Thai Flower Pot lilac topped with China Glaze Your Present Required
Ina: China Glaze Mind the Gap topped with CG Rest in Pieces
Gladys: Zoya Flynn ruffianed with Layla Emerald Divine
Lilian: Layla Purple Galaxy, accents in Thai Flower Pot lilac topped with China Glaze Your Present Required
Aniya: China Glaze Wicked Style, full BYS Cold as Ice accents

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...