31 October 2014

Happy Hallow-day of the Dead



This year I decided to go with sugar skulls. I felt a bit brighter than the more gothic Halloween ideas that were floating in my head. I started with a base of white and China Glaze Life is Beautiful. This pink dries matte, but in the end that didn't matter! I top coated before continuing.



Using acrylic paints and watered down polish (well, actually, acetoned down) I started painting. Using a multitude of skinny brushes I began with the pink behind the eyes, then added yellow and black and in the end a spot of white. Using black acrylic paint I drew the heart shaped nose. Then I drew the cross, and some black swirly stuff and the mouth, and some eyelashes. I watered down the red some more and added blush to the cheeks and bordered it all with blue. I dabbed on some glitter as well.


right hand
On the non-skulled fingers I drew aspects of a spider web and added some glitter. Very plain, but I wanted something on them but not so much as to take away from the skulls. Oh, I gel top coated the skulls when totally finished so they will last a while. Removing polish from clients takes its toll! And, to add that extra something, I took all of these pics before I did any cleanup so you can see all the white polish and paint smudges!! Classy.....  Boo! Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...