3 November 2014

My Ripponburn ladies 16:14

Lena's last glammy mani
Big day today. Even though I arrived on time (and I admit, that is not always the case), there seemed to be lots to do and time just flew by! A bit of a sad note: Lena has passed away. She was the lady who really enjoyed her red nails even though she was almost blind and could not really see them.

Doris
Joyce
In fact, I was so on time that most of the ladies were still working on getting their old polish off and having a soak. So I started with Doris, as she had had no polish. That went fairly quickly so I caught Joyce next – before she could go walk-abouts and miss out!

Hellie
Dorothy

I brought along some flakies as they wanted some groovy shimmering ideas but both Lilian and Margaret were sick so they missed out on their special request. Bummer. But Hellie and Dorothy were going great guns with the orange "fire" flakies and it looked really good.

Gladys
Jenny

This was met by many ooohs and ahhhs so Gladys and Jenny both got in the act, but with the paua shell idea. It is always funny to watch their faces as first I apply black and they think they will end up with black nails! But then the magic happens and all is good.

Janice
Sally
Joan
Janice went with red and newbie Sally wanted green. I like that she chose green, that deosn't happen often. Miss Joan went with a beautiful brown holo and I must say her cuticles look very, very good! She has been applying cuticle oil every night and you can really see the difference. The nail beds are much softer and hardly any hang nails. Good job, Joan!!

Ina
Thelma

Ina chose the best combo. In fact, I had imagined these as a combo and put the swatch sticks next to each other. And Ina understood! The green and gold looked fab – a combo I have to remember for myself. And since Thelma had to wait so long for her mani, I drew accents for her.

Mani breakdown:
all had Seche Clear as a base, two coats of base polish and Out the Door as a top coat. After pics then an almond oil cuticle wash.

Doris: China Glaze Pink of Me
Joyce: Revlon Innocent 
Hellie & Dorothy: Base of black, Nfu Oh 49
Gladys & Jenny: Base of black, Zoya Maisie
Janice: Zoya Livingston
Sally: CND Mint Convertible
Joan: OPI DS Illuminate
Ina: OPI L.A.M.B topped with Orly Monster Mash
Thelma: Zoya Livingston with accents in CND Mint Convertible with art

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...