30 January 2014

GOT: dots – multi-coloured spiral dots like a Mexican pavement


Right away I want to say that I have not been lazy or forgetful, forgetting to write or anything. The watermelon mani lasted so long! And that with working at the café doing dishes and everything. I think it was the Jealousy on the tips - that mesh glitter is like armour. I did top up a bit on one or two tips but otherwise, zero problems. It would have lasted longer..... but, that mani had to go as it is GOT challenge time.


Yeah, dots! I have re-fallen in love with dots. So versatile, so many things you can do. Maybe I have more control now (meaning, practice) and can do both hands easily. This idea came from wanting to do a multi-coloured mani but still have it a bit summery (without going pastel). I do like how it turned out - thinking a coat of matte top coat could change the look as well.....



I started with a base of piCture pOlish Malt Teaser. This is a really yummy chocolate colour - it really looks like melted milk chocolate. I don't really think it looks like Malteasers (the Swiss candy). They are not as creamy looking (if I remember correctly) - I would say it looks like Milka Noisette!! This is two coats and coverage was really good.



Then I started dotting using different sized tools. I started with the yellow "mid" swirvy line and worked from there. One colour at a time; so all the yellow dots, then the green dots and so on.... Just one dot coat. I probably should have used a more vibrant blue (like blagger - edit note: would have been better for the rules sake as well) but tried the CND (it was feeling a bit underused!). I waited a good long time before top coating. Didn't want any of my dots to smear - funny the things it seems to take forever to remember to do!!!


This mani totally reminds me of a tiled walkway at EuropaPark in Germany (can't find the photo of that). It was leading to troll land and made out of different coloured glass tiles. My nails also remind me of the paved/tiled patio at pottery village in the Spanish village at Balboa Park in San Diego. Spent many an hour there.


right hand
Polishes used (in order of application):
base colour: piCture pOlish Malt Teaser
yellow: Konad stamping yellow
green: OPI Greenwich Village
red: OPI My Paprika is hotter....
pink: China Glaze Neon & On & On
blue: CND Blue Rapture
(forgot to mention: bar CND and Neon & On... all the polishes are older. I just wasn't thinking there for a minute, but so wanted to use that pink! And Blagger would have been the better option on the blue as that is old as well.)


Above a pic of Spanish village and below all the other gals and their dots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...