13 January 2014

Zoya Vespa with handdrawn yellow daisies


This beautiful green I just bought off a PANZ destash! Yeah - my first pixie dust! Zoya has a couple of pixies out there that I have my eye on, but alas.... not yet snatched! Vespa is a light olive green with the sparkles of silver running through it. Tender and easy going. Beautiful! My original plan was just to paint my nails but then I thought how yellow would look rather fab with it!




The base is two coats of Vespa. I top coated before drawing as – as expected – the surface is not kind to fine brushes! The polish dries matte with structure. But not as structured as OPI's liquid sand finishes. In the end the finished mani has two coats of top coat. Can't feel much but a third would be perfect.



I drew the daisy and stem outlines in black then filled them in. Since the surface was a bit rough, I had to go over the black lines again after the yellow. They got kind of smudged or something. I just drew daisies in different directions. I like the freehand look to them.


For the yellow I used piCture pOlish Mellow Yellow followed by Butter London Cheeky Chops. Mellow Yellow is exactly that, very mellow. A faint light yellow (it would look totally fab matte, like candy!). The inner parts of the petals has a dot of Cheeky Chops to add dimension. Like I mentioned, I top coated after this. Used Poshé the second time as it is a bit thicker.


Now.... could not resist starting a pendant necklace in these colours. It is not finished yet but tomorrow is my day off and will finish things then. But I wanted to give you an idea!! When done, I will add a finished pick below.
As “promised", here the finished pendant and charm (here the link to my shop with more pics):

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...