25 January 2014

Slice of Summer: freehand drawn watermelon tips


Well, I saw this idea somewhere a couple of weeks ago. Now I just spent minutes going through my pinterest boards to see if I pinned it - want to give credit. And, of course, I didn't. Somewhere out there is a similar nail design. Oh well.



Had the idea but was totally totally jazzed that my newest destash polish (from Lisa) came yesterday. I was going to use another coral colour but this is absolutely perfect! Love it! Enchanted Polish Shrimp Cocktail. There is a luscious shimmer to the colour, like velvet almost. I think application would be good but that is hard to judge as I was only painting my tips and you kind of dab and stroke a bit then and there.



I started with two coats of OPI Bubble Bath. This is the perfect nude for me. Then I free hand applied Shrimp Cocktail on my tips. Probably went over twice and tried to get the sides. Sometimes I think I am such a wuss as I am so cautious with the sides as I do not want to touch my skin. But, you can always do clean up! Keep forgetting that. I top coated because the Mr was making dinner and I wanted to help.



Then, using a small dotting tool I applied the rind of the watermelon using piCture pOlish Jealousy. I love this green and between manis and jewelry will be needing another bottle soon! Jealousy is a mesh polish, meaning over-loaded with glitter. I knew I could not do fine lines so am happy that the tip lines are uneven. Rinds are uneven, too. Just used the dotting tool as a brush and connected them across the tips.



Then I used a simple black striper polish and dotted-slashed some seeds around. A generous coat of top coat was on the agenda after this. I showed the Mr and he even guessed "watermelons". Yeah, two points for him!


right hand with broken index :(
Today is "race day" across the road. So loud V8 cars going around in a circle. When it gets too loud across the road people venture over here for a relaxing cuppa. I'm on a cloud anyway today: reached 100 likes on my FB page, sold two pendants at the café, and one on etsy this morning! World domination of hand painted glass necklaces has begun!

2 comments:

  1. I think enough people have done watermelon nail art, even just the tips, that you can probably rest easy about giving credit if you can't find your specific inspiration. Congratulations on the sales! I reached 100 on BL today too - so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! so true..... but those nail polish police are still filling their quotas for january! congrats on 100 on BL - I still have a ways to go on that one.

      Delete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...