4 December 2014

52wkCrumpet10: camouflage and dark green


This is week ten of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: camouflage design and dark green (either each alone or combined). I combined. I decided to do camouflage French tip nails with a strong dark green skew.



I started with a two coat base of OPI Don't Pretzel my Buttons. Halfway through this decision I remember that I really do not like this colour. Always seems streaky. I think it is a good nude for my skin tone, but prefer it as a base for full coverage nail art. Oh well, I had already started.


right hand
Then I drew the French tips by hand with Zoya Flynn, the caramel brown. Underneath that I painted a thin line of Zoya Hunter, my dark green. The camouflage design was created by painting on a mixture of Hunter, Zoya Evvie (grey green) and Zoya Louise (choc brown).


Am a bit hum-ho on this mani. The nude is too nude and would probably look better with a softer very light coffee tone. The nude is just too stark and in your face. The camou is more apparent in real life than in the pics, as well. Live and learn, I say. Cheers girls!! x


2 comments:

  1. Your nails look great!
    Thanks for sharing this beautiful mani with us!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...