10 November 2014

Big day, big mani: NZ Citizenship ceremony



Hi all! I am now a New Zealand citizen! I took my oath on Friday. It goes without saying that I am very proud and happy. Totally groovy experience! This is the mani I wore for the event (and am still wearing). All in greens and kiwiana colouring! I had my dress sorted, and even my ring (my own) and my earrings (glass north and south islands).


I started with a base of OPI Green-Wich Village. This was perfect green to match my dress, which was green with black (kind of looks like an awning!). Three coats, though, for complete coverage and then I top coated.



Then I mixed an acrylic paint a bit darker than the OPI and drew fronds over my nails. That formed a backdrop leaf pattern. Then I used an army khaki green (Thai indie) and drew over those frond for depth. I used black polish for the silver fern and added some valuable 18K OPI flakes (if not now, then when???) and some dabs of China Glaze I Herd That (soft gold glitter). Top coat sealed the deal.


right hand
I did each step at a time on both hands and made it up as I went in regard to fern placement. I really like the green, looks very rich.




So, proud of my mani I set off in the morning on Friday to take my oath in front of His Worship the Mayor. There were twelve of us, plus partners and family. Each of us took the oath (first with a bit of a story of where you come from etc), then we sang the anthem, then there was an obligatory pic in front of the flag, a cuppa and we each got a Kowhai plant that I have already planted in our garden. Below a bonus shot of the new Kiwi and the Mr.!!
Thanks for following girls xx


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic design, love ur ring . God Bless U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx so much x! Was truly a once-in-a-lifetime moment!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, extreme happy is written all over your face!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...