17 November 2014

Zoya Awaken - kind of an adult Frozen!



It was not until I looked at my mani while at the video store that I realized how Frozen my nails are!!! Too funny!! This is my selection from Zoya's Awaken Collection. I bought three, and used them all in this mani. I felt like a simplier look after all the nail art the last weeks.

Dillon
Rebel
I applied an alternating accent PITR base in Zoya Dillon and Rebel. Both are light and airy shimmer colours, very springlike. Dillon is an icy green, Rebel an icy turquoise. Coverage was great (as always with Zoya - slowly my fav brand), two coats each.


In the shade
Then I applied one coat of their Monet glitter top coat. The polish looks beautiful in the bottle but is a tricky one to apply and have an opinion on. Seems like a large pastel-ed version of Maisie, but would have to try on a dark to see how that would work (note to self). It is full of holographic hex glitter in a jelly clear-pink base. I used the dab method to apply, otherwise the specks would be few and far between. You can see in the shade pic how there is an almost mosaic look to the glitter top coat. Like the flecks are embedded in the polish. I am on the fence on that: sometimes I think it looks great, then I think it makes the nails look "dimpled". I top coated with Out the Door.



A lot of bloggers use this on pink so I may try that next time with my ladies. Seemed a bit too much of an obvious choice. I really like the coolness of this mani, without clashing with my skin tone. The colours still look light and summery and the bling factor is Wow in the sun!



I have quite of few Zoyas right now (almost 30) and just bought some more in the giant Candy Girl 50% off sale!! (CandyGirl shop). Their consistency is one of the best and I love their colour choices. I admit, a tad pricier, but the product is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...