6 February 2014

GOT: green – trio of greens in chevron


Now this is an easier day! Green! To say I like green is an understatement, ergo I have been buying green polish since my restart at being glam. I couldn't bring myself to just doing a simple one green mani so chose three oldies and created a chevron. All of these polishes I bought the end of 2012.



I started with a coat of OPI Thanks a Windmillion. A colour I don't wear heaps but I remember finding it at my local pharmacy in the $5 box – they were getting rid of all their OPI stock (now only sell Revlon, jerks).



Then using one colour at a time, I started my chevron. I started with OPI Jade is the New Black, a great darker green with a tinge of yellow - so not bluey cold green, but warm saturated green. Next was Zoya Logan, a fab green holo with hints of gold shimmer. I did another row of the Jade-Logan before adding one stroke of Windmillion. I only wanted a thin line of that to end things up under a last coat of Jade. Can't believe how shiny the mani is with just one coat of top coat.


So not a true chevron, but a chevron with a twist. The three colours work well together. Unfortunadamente I will not be rocking this for long as Thursday is also Waitangi Day here in NZ - a national holiday, not really an independence day (hmmm... ask the Maoris about that one) but an important day for us Kiwis. And I am thinking up a special mani for that. Cheers all!



1 comment:

  1. This is just gorgeous. I am a green lover like you are and these just fit perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...