8 February 2014

My Ripponburn ladies 2:14


Yesterday was Ripponburn day. It seemed like a smaller crowd - many were away on adventures with their families (some newbies as well), a couple have moved on to another facility. Since there was way under a dozen ladies, I offered to do anything they wanted - even hand drawn flowers for Lilian!!

nellie with dotted flowers
Nellie started us off, she was perusing the colours with Ivy. Ivy is so cute! She is getting a tad smaller, but that makes her eyes seem bigger - big inquisitive eyes. Anyway, Nellie chose blue and let me add a couple of flowers on her accent. Nellie can't see very well, but I think she ended up noticing the flowers. The mani looked really good.

ivy

lilian
Ivy was next and had decided quite quickly! Pink with glitter. Lilian was more than happy to take me up on my offer (!!) and wanted something nobody else was going to have, based on gold. Good that I brought my acrylics. Seems I haven't done acrylics there for a while. But with 14 ladies waiting, and a rigid time schedule!, it is not always possible. Well, Lilian thought everything looked great! Whew.... :)

gladys
dorothy
Gladys was next and said I could do anything. I had brought a Hungry Asian with me so (after Lilian's flower request) thought I do acrylics on Gladys as well. I love this Hungry Asian but noticed I am not wearing it much so let it come off the shelf for the day. I knew Dorothy would want something metallic so packed enough for her to chose from. I noticed that Dorothy has her nails filed pointy. That was t-h-e fad back in the 40-50s, my Mom still wears her nails like that.

joan
jenny
Well, newbie two is Joan (another Joan). "Regular" Joan was there, too, but was taking a nana nap the whole time and I didn't want to disturb her. Newbie Joan is a tad confused, and forgetful. Keeps asking when it is her turn, and if I will do her nails, too. She wanted pink and glitter but then forgot wanting glitter. That is fine. She got something and seemed very happy. Jenny was knitting!!! She managed to stop to get her nails done but ...... I was very concerned she would start knitting again and smear everything. She has a habit of doing that!

norma
Probably my favourite experience yesterday was visiting wee Norma. All the ladies are dear to me, but wee Norma seems so fragile. Probably was a really ballbreaker in her day!!! Ha! Last time she was too tired to come out, same today. But I asked if I could visit her in her room and she said yes. So when I was done I walked down to her and did her nails. She has pink blankets. So wee and quiet. I felt a bit sad as her TV was blaring soccer - now, why would she have to watch that? Oh well, too difficult to try to understand. Just seemed sad. It was fiddly doing her nails as her hands wouldn't work much but she said she wanted glitter, too. So that is what she got. I gave her a kiss and said she looked great and hope to see her next time. I hope so. Am back in two weeks!

Mani breakdowns:
Nellie: two coats OPI No Room for the Blues, dotted flowers in Cult Nails Deal with It and CG Sunshine Pop
Ivy: two coats Orly Artificial Sweetener, one coat OPI You Glitter be Good To Me
Lilian: two coats Thai Golden Triangle, acrylic painted flowers
Gladys: two coats Hungry Asian Belle, acrylic painted flowers
Dorothy: two coats Color Club Model Behavior
Joan: two coats Orly Artificial Sweetener
Jenny: two coats China Glaze Sexy Silhouette, one coat CG Make a Spectacle
Norma: one coats Essie Raise Awareness, one coat China Glaze Make a Spectacle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...