22 February 2014

My Ripponburn ladies 3:14

ha! just noticed you can totally see my feet in the pic!
Another fun Ripponburn day has come and gone. Very warm day. Six ladies were waiting and I immediately missed Ivy. And wee Norma. Knowing from last time I went down to the other "medical" lounge to see if Norma was up to having her nails done in her room. Well, she was sitting in the lounge and had just had her hair done - I hardly recognized her!!! And yes, she would. Later my liaison Frankie went down and brought her to our main lounge so she could sit with the other ladies. Better than watching that damn soccer like last time!

joan
ida
Well, since Joan was having a nana nap last time and missed out, I started with her. She wanted something very simple and chose..... pink! That probably is a good choice. Unfortunately, Joan has some callouses on her finger tips and she probably doesn't want to draw more attention to them. Though, in the past, she has worn coppers and reds. Ida was here again as well. Haven't seen her in a couple of times. She also wanted a pink but with glitter. She kept telling me about her daughter going to someone in town to get her nails done (painted) and how awful it was and if I would do this for money for others. Well, I am thinking, maybe a way to earn some coin.... Note to self: will have to look into that.

gladys


For both Gladys and Dorothy I brought along special polishes. Gladys always lets me do whatever I want and is very adventurous. And Dorothy loves coppers and rusts. All the polishes are from my personal stash but I do leave my "good" ones at home in the studio. Sometimes, though, I grab something special. Gladys has some really groovy Pretty & Polished glitter over nude. It is late summer and slowly going into fall and I thought this would be a nice change - colourful but also more subdued.

dorothy

For Dorothy I brought along one of my fav autumn glitters from China Glaze. She is still wearing her nails pointy - maybe it is her 2014 thing!!! Dorothy has one good hand (with her beautiful rings) and her other hand that is "quieter". She doesn't like it when I take pics of that one. And I don't. Both polishes cover very, very well so only needed one coat each.



A newbie!!! Helly lives in town but has had a hip OP so is here recuperating. May never see her again but that is OK. She was very excited to get her nails done and chose a vibrant purple. Then we got to jazz it up with glitter, yeah! I hadn't seen Lena since the Xmas manis (she still had that sticker on!!!). Lena doesn't see very well at all but wanted something. In her mind pale and soft. So, light pink it was.

norma
Now to Lilian!! Lilian had had a bit of a mishap. She wasn't very happy but didn't know what to do. Seems the current hairdresser ("an Asian woman who you can't understand") painted her nails for her. She meant well. But.... good grief! All over the cuticle and sides. Red everywhere. Lilian didn't know what to do. Could I jazz it up? she asked. There seemed to be no more remover anywhere. Well, Frankie to the rescue. Found remover and Lilian set out getting as much off as possible. In the meantime I - with the help of Frankie - did Norma's. Norma is so weak, you feel like you are pulling at her arms and hurting her. I only did one coat of each (so poor coverage) and Frankie had to hold up her hands and I went as quick a I could.

lilian
ivy
Since Lilian had to wait so long and was so frustrated she got something special - she always likes to have something no one else has. On her accents nails I freedrew hearts for her. Ah, all good in her world!! So happy. Well, I packed up my things and went down to see Ivy in her room. Poor Ivy. She is not feeling very well and, like Norma, I always fear for the worse next time. But she was chipper, let me sit on her bed and she chose bright pink with glitter. She was watching TV, too, but had on Ellen - much more enjoyable than ol' soccer!
Am back in just over two weeks! Oh, and I got a box of yummy chocolates!!

Mani breakdowns:
Joan: two coats Essie Raise Awareness
Ida: two coats Orly Artificial Sweetener, one coat CG Make a Spectacle
Gladys: one coat Cult Nails Nude, two coats P&P The Athlete, Out the Door top coat
Dorothy: one coat Thai In the Army, one coat CG I Herd That, Out the Door top coat
Helly: one coat Layla Fuchsia Sky, one coat CG Make a Spectacle
Lena: two coats Essie Raise Awareness
Norma: one coat Essie Raise Awareness, one coat CG Make a Spectacle
Lilian: two coats OPI Got your Number i.e. No Room for the Blues, acrylics, Out the Door top coat
Ivy: one coat CG Wicked Style, one coat CG Make a Spectacle

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is AMAZING! I love the blue ma I with the hearts for Lillian! It's made me want to go and enquire at my local nursing home. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx! I enjoy it so much and it makes them so happy (me, too). truly rewarding so go for it girl!

      Delete
    2. I used to do my Nana's nails for her when she lived with us for a bit, it made her happy. I imagine it's the most enjoyable part of the week/month for some of those lovely ladies! :)

      Delete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...