21 February 2014

Happy Hands Banana Stand matte


This afternoon is a Ripponburn day! Yeah! Thought I would have some yellow for awhile. After all it is summer.... still. Not really a shade I can wear in winter with my skin tone.



This is a pretty straightforward mani: three coats of Happy Hands Banana Stand topped with Out the Door then a matte Orly top coat. As you can see from the different pics, the yellow goes from light to darker depending on the lighting. The colour doesn't change, but the lighting effects the saturation.



The colour is intended to resemble bananas (love bananas!) with their brown and black spots. The yellow has a very slight green tinge (like unripe bananas) and there is some green glitter in there as well. Pretty groovy colour!


The matte top coat adds an element of jelliness to the polish. It does dry normal and top coat evens out the glitter. The matte top coat brings out a depth to the colour - really cool! I will probably keep this over the weekend. Like I said, Ripponburn this afternoon.
Workwise today is a bit of a non-event. Just so many thoughts going around my head. In fact, my stomach is feeling very upset this morning. Too many unanswered questions and decisions. Makes me feel very anxious. I don't like life when it gets this way.
Funwise haven't sold much on etsy lately. Though I do sell in my café (when customers come)! etsy school is also a bit of a non-event. My new partner hasn't filled out any of my forms yet, so am playing the game alone still. But it is fun and learning experience. Am applying for some jobs so have hope there as well. Lots of hope everywhere it seems!



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. agree! totally cool, especially in the matte. one of the ladies yesterday thought they looked like dinosaur eggs!! funny.

      Delete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...