15 January 2015

My Ripponburn ladies 1:15


Gladys
This week was my first week back – after the Xmas break – at Ripponburn for 2015!! Start of my third year there. Such beautiful weather that I even ended up walking there.  Only eight ladies this visit, a couple are not feeling well and some had family visiting.

Janice
I had been thinking about Janice and how best to offer her choices. She can't move her hands much, but then seems to always have them in a "clasp". I decided to use OPI liquid sand or Zoya Pixie Dust polishes as 1) these dry super quickly so no smudging and 2) leave it without top coat (even better!). So just really base coat and a coat of polish. That is manageable.

Thelma
Jenny
Thelma and Jenny opted for a bright pink. Thelma was first again, as she had to get back on oxygen. I did Jenny relatively quickly as well. She always seems to be last, not fair.

Margaret
Lilian
Margaret and Lilian went more towards orange: Margaret loved her soft pastel orange, and Lilian wanted something bright and this coral is one of my personal favs!

Joan
Ina
Joan was allowed pink - 'tis a new year and all!! And Ina chose her fav magnetic from Layla. This time I also remembered to bring the Ridge Filler base coat. Can't do it every time but did remember this time.


This brings me to Gladys, who was last this time. Since I only had the eight and still heaps of time till the dinner gong, Gladys got dotted flowers on her nails! The base was a really pretty sky blue, so her nails looked like little meadows. Shocker, but NO glitter at all today! That is definitely a first! Back in two weeks.

Mani breakdown:
all had Seche Clear as a base, two coats of base polish and Out the Door as a top coat. After pics then an almond oil cuticle wash.

Gladys: piCture pOlish Sky with hand dotted flowers
Janice: OPI Get Your Number 
Thelma & Jenny: Ulta Strawberry Sundae
Margaret: Zoya Arizona
Lilian: OPI Live.Love.Carnaval
Joan: Orly Artificial Sweetener
Ina: Layla Silver Galaxy

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled on your blog, and I love these posts! This is a silly question that I'm sure you've had before, but why do you leave the pinkies on one hand bare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alexandria! Thanks for reading and following my ladies! The docs require that one nail stay polish free in case of an emergency and they need to take blood for apply that finger thingy. I try to chose the pinkie as it is the smallest nail bed, and on the hand without their rings. Cheers x

      Delete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...