15 January 2015

52wkCrumpet16: film


This is week sixteen of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: film and holo (either each alone or combined). I chose film and am...


truly stretching this out on a limb here. I realize this and am hoping for compassion from the Goddess Crumpie! This week coincides with my Japanese Nail Art challenge workshop and was so loving the gel marbling that I wanted to do a mani myself on my nails. My all time favourite film is "Death on the Nile" (this coming from an old film exec!). It was set in the late 20s-early 30s and this is a mani I could envision the ladies wearing at the time. Art Deco marble, red elegance and rhinestone sparkle.



I started with one coat of Thankful, a nude. This was topped with Antique Rose, a bronze-y tan shade. This set the base for the marbling (each layer was cured). I used Queen of Hearts as the first red (a brick shimmer) and swirled and dabbed the gel with a brush a tad dipped in clear gel. This was cured. Then I applied a thin coat of Cranberry and did the same again. In the end top coat was applied with rhinestones on the accents.


The accents are different: one is classic French, the other inverted French. I like the inverted better myself. The marbling resembles holo, but it is not!



Again, I apologize for the faux pas and will be back on track next week. But the marbling was so much fun and so creative, as you can mix together heaps of colour combos. Working with gel in this instance is quite easy, once you get the technique down. And you should know your colours so you can get the effect you want. Happy week all x !



2 comments:

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...