11 January 2015

52wkCrumpet15: dotting tools



This is week fifteen of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: dotting tools, and pink and aqua (either each alone or combined). I chose dotting tools and I at first tried combining with those colours but did not like the look at all (big at all there) so did a new mani after a day with just dotting tools. This week has been a fast and furious week and all of these pics were taken at the wrong time of day with almost no consideration to the state of my hands – and after working with clients too quickly after top coating so things got nicked. Truly, the mani looks better in real life in non-microscopic view! This will also explain the lack of photos deemed worthy enough for a blog.


I started with a two coat base of piCture pOlish Marine, a unique sea blue – you could even call it dark aqua. Aqua is a weird shade, goes really from green to blue. But I was not aiming for this but chose it as it is a crisp summer-y blue that I personally have not worn yet.


Then, using dotting tools, I drew little simple flowers towards the tips of my nails. A combo of orange (Zoya Arizona), coral (OPI Live Love Carnaval), yellow (Konad stamping yellow) and white.

right hand

My first mani included hand drawn cherries (which I actually liked, and it is cherry season here) with aqua and fuchsia pink. But I was in a hurry, top coated too soon and the dots smeared too much and I did not like the aqua green. I got a lot of compliments on the mani when I went in to town, but yick, no.


Others in the Crumpie group are also doing a January 31 day challenge so the InLinkz are all a bit combined. I chose the dotting tool link as I skipped the pink and aqua part.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...