31 January 2015

52wkCrumpet18: fish braid and non-glitter topper


This is week eighteen of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: fish braid and non-glitter topper (either each alone or combined). I chose both and combined in an ambitious skittlette idea I had throughout the week. I really like this mani and will have a hard time getting rid of it next week. It just all seemed to come together.


I started with a black base (China Glaze Liquid Leather) on all nails. The skittlette is AABBC and I painted the C nail first using my non-glitter topper of Zoya Maisie. I also painted the bottom of the BB nails in Maisie as a base for a reverse French fish braid. The bottom of the AA nails were painted in China Glaze Deviantly Daring.



Then I started the fish braid pattern, the same on all AABB nails: first up was China Glaze Want my Bawdy, followed by Unpredictable and then Deviantly Daring. These are all from CG's New Bohemian Luster collection (which really is no longer new!).


I had no problem layering the duochromes over each other. They all pick up different aspects of the non glitter topper, so a very under-the-sea type of mani that really sparkles in the sun!


I topped first with Out the Door but then added a coat of Poshé to really add some shine. Done deal for the week - now to check out the others! Bye girls x.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...