22 January 2015

52wkCrumpet17: three shades of green and/or yellow


This is week seventeen of Crumpet's 52 week challenge! The "rules" are very flexible and you have all week to accomplish the mani. As always, must be done on your own nails, using the colours suggested (or parts thereof).
This week's prompt: fire, and three shades of green and/or yellow (either each alone or combined). I chose green and yellow combined, wanting to revisit a pond manicure that I did over a year ago. It is also a sunny alternative to the cranberry marbling I just took off. The gel mani was lasting quite well after a week but for the life of me I do not understand how all the Japanese nail afictionados handle all the rhinestones! A couple of mine chipped off after about three days and they were annoying. Always catching on my hair. Pretty, but annoying.


I started with a one coat base of EMS Recombination from Indigo Bananas. This is a shimmery green jelly, perfect for layering and sandwiches. Then I added some random vertical lines in OPI Green-wich Village. Similar tone, but darker. This was covered with one layer of EMS.


Then, using OPI Need Sunglasses?, I added yellow horizontal lines to the tips and some verticals randomly. This was covered in EMS.


Lastly, I added some wisps of horizontal Green-wich and then top coated.


I filed down my nails into more of a square for this one. Going after a horizontal look with the lines. I haven't worn square for a while so it is a nice change. This has been a busy week as I had a major wind disaster at last weekend's market and have needed to 1) rethink my whole layout to windproof better and 2) while I am at it, restyle a bit. So besides creating jewellery and painting a lot, I have been figuring out table placements, enjoying mani clients and writing film articles. Busy bee me! And... I still want to do my Japanese Nail Art lesson!!



Thanks for reading girls x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...