22 August 2014

Last Thai beauty update


Hi girls! My nails are way too long. I have let the vacation nails go overboard and typing isn't easy! Still rocking the green French mani, will change at home. But I have had a last pedicure last night. Went to our fav foot massage spot, and it turned out to be a good choice. Pedicures always vary on Khao San and Rambuttri, and even in shops are non-consistent. Even the same person is non-consistent!!



Also, nail art is - believe it or not - rare. But last night I had a woman who did nail art and she asked me if I wanted flowers. Why not?! I brought my own polish with me (including top coat, last pedi NO top coat!) as often the colours they have are 1) red, 2) red or 3) almost empty and goopy. These are two new no name Thai polishes is a great chocolate brown (so hard to find) and an OPI Czechbook blue. She is self taught and uses an eyeliner brush directly out of the polish bottle. Really not bad. We talked shop a bit and she also struggles. She says that everyone wants cheap cheap but nail art takes time and effort. No one wants to pay. I paid double the pedicure price (so an additional 150B or nz$6 for the art) and that is super cheap. Thailand is a much different economy, but how can a Westerner balk at that price? That is my worry, too. No one will want to pay for art, but want to have it. Time will tell, keep being positive!!! I am really looking forward to my new offerings and path.


I found some more polish and this is my last haul. I have lost count to how many I bought as they are stashed in different compartments of my pack. Waiting for me at home will be some new Gelicious shades for gel manis, a NZ indie gorgeous green Peacock Pie and some new China Glazes.


I had to buy more Thai flower pots! Too cute! I had a coral one on my toes for the past week, fairly good consistency. I bought the white one just because it looked like a milk bottle! I think I have every colour available!! Or, at least, that I found.


Then I bought these no names as the polish has good coverage and is saturated. The chocolate brown is great! On the hair front, last wash this morning. The last days have been very humid. I really didn't wash my hair on the island. Just kept getting it wet and scrunching through with product. Worked and looked OK, but am happy that things are cleaner now!
Travel home this evening to the cold - looking forward somehow. Miss home, have new plans - life is good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...