6 August 2014

Graduation nail (art) school

I


I am proud to announce I have finished my training and am now a certified Hand Painted Nail Art and Manicure technician! I did my graduation mani on my teacher, Severine. I was nervous or anxious, don't know. I thought about the design all night it seemed. You know, you have an idea but are unsure if it will turn out. And on a real person it is really important!



When I got to the studio it was very busy so I decided to make a display set with my idea while I waited for Severine. I knew I could use the "good polish"! So looked through blues and decided on a skittlette base of thumb (one coat OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay, topped with a China Glaze dark blue jelly glitter), index-middle (two coats Suzi) and ring-pinkie (two coats OPI Dining al Frisco). I canned the thumb idea for the real mani as the CG glitter was too old and basically useless. That is why I have forgotten the name! So the thumb in the real mani is Suzi.



Then I drew vertical lines in light blue, grey and white. The flowers are in two shades of pink with grey stamen/pistil and a white dot. As a signature accent I chose pink hearts with two darker hearts to represent her children. Seche Vite sealed the deal. I could not do any cuticle clean up as there was no non-acetone remover and the acetone would have ruined her acrylic tips (I did not do those!). But the lines were pretty neat. The mani turned out exactly how I envisioned it, so am very happy about that!


Since I had to wait quite a while I also did a quick snowflake type "inexpensive" nail design, and a silver fern. I couldn't really finish the silver fern as in the middle of it 1) Severine was ready to start and 2) her son knocked over the lamp and caused me to blur some leaves. But I kept it, but will probably do another for display. At home I would add some black holo polish to give the frond depth.
So that was my intensive course! Usually the course lasts a month with less hours a day and time off. But I didn't have that much time, and am pretty dedicated and disciplined when I set my mind to something. Of course, continual practice and mani experience is key but I feel I have a solid base of technique to get me going. This is a very affordable course in a country known for nail art. So..... If you are ever in Thailand, I highly recommend Severine!! The Nail Studio Pai (http://www.painailstudio.com).
Big hugs from me!! And ciao girls for now!


2 comments:

  1. I love doing nail art..your good..where did you go..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you scroll back through you can read all about it! I went to Nail Art School in Pai, Thailand - Severine is fab!!!

      Delete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...