1 August 2014

Sixth day nail art school


Hi girls! Another full on day, and I didn't finish completely. After warm up I started in on new designs. Practiced on my pad before starting the first set. On the to-do list was a gradient with dolphins and palm tree. Neither are on my personal hit list but, hey, you'll never know what clients want.


The gradient is acrylic paint instead of polish, using a car sponge! Made for a very uneven surface, a polish base would have been helpful. And a smaller sponge. But who am I to question the schooling?! I added a glitter and top coat before continuing. Then the base of the dolphins and tree were drawn in black. The tree is a multipart endeavor for the feathering. It's a tad large, too.





White was added to the dolphins and then top coat. When dry the set goes on my board and I start a new set. Next on the list was freehand French as a bridal set using roses and rhinestones.


I ended up using white acrylic for the tips as the white polish was well beyond its use-by date, way too thick. Also, I would have applied a nude base before but, again, what do I know?! You can't top the white tip too much otherwise the tip is no longer white. Duh. So my design in the end will suffer but I think people will get it. My tips are nice, though, even and clean with simple strokes.


They were topped with a pale pink (I secretly topped up the white again, even though they thought it looked good). Then I started my roses. One each in white, then a fill in with different levels of pink. Then a second pink. Then time was up so I will finish tomorrow with leaves, pale background flowers and rhinestones (though I did place a couple of stones). Bye for now! x



No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...