9 June 2014

My Ripponburn ladies 9:14

gladys
Another fun day at Ripponburn has come and gone! The weather is getting colder so the ladies are grouped closer together. A smaller group, as well. And for the second time in a row, gingernut cookies on the table!!! I started with Ina as she missed out last time. She seemed to be doing very well and coping with her loss. I guess at some point in life you anticipate it and learn to expect it. Still no fun, though.

ina
lilian
margaret
This was followed in quick succession with Lilian, Gladys and Margaret. They were all sitting around the table, their backs to the oil heater. I brought some newbies for them to try and Ina's looked very elegant - a light coffee shimmer with rose gold glitter. Nice! Gladys had totally groovy green and purple glitter (I know! Soooo fab!) on dark green. And Margaret tried the new China Glaze pink (can you believe it - I am buying pinks! - really just for them, though) with the rose glitter. That glitter is really, really nice!

jenny
janice
dorothy
Lilian seemed a bit out of it and has now for weeks. I think she misses Ivy. She never sticks around the whole time I am there anymore. She is talkative with me, but then leaves and goes back to her room. I hope she is OK. Helly couldn't get her nails done as she was going to the hospital for checks and they do not allow that. But she sat the whole time with us. So onwards with Jenny - who is now knitting jumpers to beat 60. I tell you, the girl can knit! Janice moved a tad away from her blues - got teal blue!!! I think it is great she wants blues and things. That Joan and her pink..... arghghgh ! Dorothy got a totally groovy cool blue duochrome - matched her sapphires beautifully!!! I told her never to take it off, looked so good.

joan
joyce
joan 2nd
Pink Joan, yes, still pink. But things didn't turn out for her as she planned! Her daughter had just bought her a red jumper for the upcoming "ball" and it was sitting on the table. I told her that pink nails would not fly and she needed red with sparkles. So there. They looked so good, too! She suffers from calluses and things but with the red nails, you can hardly notice them! Much better than a light colour. Joyce got a nice pink with a glitter nail. And Joan the 2nd wanted red, but I added a cool multi-coloured glitter to lighten them up. Poor Joan 2nd. I feel she is having a harder and harder time of articulating herself. A bit confused. I hope things are going OK for her. Such a nice lady - well, they all are! They have invited me to their upcoming ball, but need to see if the Mr is up for it. I told him there would be beer!!!!


Mani breakdowns:
Gladys: one coat CND Serene Green, one coat Glitzology Baby Dragon
Ina: two coats OPI DS Illuminate, one coat China Glaze I Pink I Can.
Lilian: one coat Layla Fuchsia Sky, one coat Zoya Electra
Margaret: two coats China Glaze Pink of Me, one coat China Glaze I Pink I can
Jenny
: one coat Layla Fuchsia Sky
Janice: two coats China Glaze For Audrey
Dorothy: two coats ILNP Birefringence
Joan: two coats China Glaze Hey Sailor, one coat China Glaze Make a Spectacle
Joyce:
two coats China Glaze Pink of Me, one coat China Glaze Make a Spectacle (accents)
Joan 2nd:
two coats China Glaze Hey Sailor, one coat Lynderella Elf Assured

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...