24 June 2014

My Ripponburn ladies 10:14

ina chose this herself - what an eye for fashion!
Another Ripponburn adventure has come and gone! It must have been the coldest day of the week, everybody (including me) was bundled up. Of course, they have heating! But the lounge room is giant and budgeting is important! I must start with Ina's mani as it is absolutely gorgeous! She was probably fifth in line or so and I always circulate my swatch sticks to the next ladies so they can have a think while I finish up others. Ina thought of this combo and I tell you, totally cool! Pale green and navy shatter. Groovy.

gladys
margaret
helly
I think Gladys and Margaret were first. Something simple for Gladys, who has stopped biting her nails!, and Margaret wanted sparkle. When we were finished I noticed Margaret's nails match her ring! And she is so happy as she has found her wedding rings. I told her many times they were safe and, of course, her daughter had taken them for safe-keeping. Helly was next and happy to get her nails done as last time she couldn't. Which red was a tough decision so I ended up giving her both in a ruffian! Happy!

jenny
joyce
lena
Jenny wanted what Dorothy had last time (thank goodness I brought it). That was a neat development. Looking at each other's nails and then deciding what to get for next time. Joyce almost talked herself out of it but her husband was there and said she should get her nails pink like she always does. So she did, with some sparkle on her accents. Poor Lena is almost blind and can hardly make anything out but wanted red nails (as always).

joan
nellie
dorothy
Miss Joan got talked into a darker colour again! This obsession with pink must stop. She wears browns and reds and earthy tones so I think she should accentuate with those colours. She is easy to talk to, another favourite of mine. Even gave her a wee heart on her accents. Nellie has the most beautiful nails and hands. Like Gladys. She can wear almost anything and goes for all sorts of ideas (though she does like blue). I convinced Dorothy to try something new. She just wanted her regular copper-ish colour but I said a navy accent would really pop and match her rings. And she liked it!

lilian
joan 2nd
Lillian and Joan 2nd were the last two. Lilian went for a spangled banner US theme. She also wanted white shatter on top and we tried that. But no. Shatter on glitter does not work. The idea was groovy, though. Maybe with top coat first. Anyway, she was happy with the red and sparkles. And Joan wanted the brown-red. You would think I only have two reds with me! But I had heaps, usually 20+ polishes to choose from. But one takes A, another B and the rest gravitate towards A and B. I do try to sway into a direction but in the end, they have to be happy, not me. Back in two weeks!

Mani breakdowns: 
Ina: two coats OPI Thanks a Windmillion, one coat OPI Navy Shatter.
Gladys: two coats OPI Get Your Number.
Margaret: two coats China Glaze For Audrey, one coat OPI Spark de Triomphe.
Helly: one coat OPI Skyfall, one coat China Glaze Red Pearl.
Jenny: two coats ILNP Birefringence.
Joyce: two coats Revlon Innocentone coat OPI Spark de Triomphe (accents).
Lena: one coat China Glaze Hey Sailor.
Joan: two coats OPI Sourdough, two coats OPI Czechbook (accents) with Sourdough heart.
Nellie: two coats OPI Unfor-greta-bly Blue, tips in Zoya Electra.
Dorothy: two coats OPI Sourdough, one coat OPI Navy Shatter (accents).

Lilian: two coats China Glaze Hey Sailor, one coat Lynderella Elf Assured.
Joan 2nd:
two coats OPI Sourdough.

1 comment:

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...