12 June 2014

French blue gradient tips with sparkle



This is what I would call my go-to mani for those days when you want some sparkle, just a little nail art (usually due to scheduling problems) and some elegance. I always think this is a very classy nail art solution. You can use almost any tip colour - from French white through darks. Maybe not black. Would look like dirty nails – or that you're trying too hard to be Lorde!




The base is the simple beautiful OPI Bubble Bath. One coat. That is enough to give a sheen to your nails as well as a nice base to work off of. I used OPI Unfor-greta-bly Blue for the tips. I sponge gradiented them in different areas. Trying this time to get more of a marble effect. Then the gradient "line" was covered with Zoya Electra. Top coat brings it all together.



And that was that. Easy peasy. Touch up on tip wear is fairly easy, if need be, with just sponging on some more blue and top coating. I will probably keep these on for this Saturday's market. They look a bit winter-y with the icicle type glitter and blue shimmer tips.
Today has been a bit of a non-event. The internet keeps shutting itself on and off. I heard from Internal Affairs and they need my actual birth certificate (vs an authorized copy). I spent three hours looking all over for it! Finally found it. Therefore, the day flew by with nothing much accomplished!!! To calm myself after my nice long walk to the post office, I made a red wine and thyme stew that is simmering on the stove.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...