10 June 2014

Duochrome shimmers à la Lucy



Ode to Lucy! I saw this last week or so and immediately was in the mood for duochromes. Lucy's original post used white cross stitches (didn't really like that) but otherwise was totally totally fab! (here is her post).



I used two duochromes for the mani and applied over a dark blue base. I started with ILNP Mutagen, an almost Ozotic 503 dupe. Almost. The polish shimmers in green through purple to brown. The other side is Ozotic 502, a copper-brown-red shimmer. I alternated one coat Mutagen, one coat Ozotic, one coat M, one coat O. Then top coated.



When all was dry I added some black cross stitches. Probably not good enough, but effective. Then top coat again. Very simple and beautiful mani. I got heaps of comments on them at the market. Apologies, these photos were taken after two days of wearing the mani as I had no time (in the daylight) to take pics! But still looking good!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...