3 June 2014

piCture pOlish Color Storm-ed Amethyst



Am totally in a piCture pOlish extravaganza lately. I splurged and bought some newbies and a couple of basics that have been on my list for awhile. No, I could not wait until they were here in NZ, had to have "now"!


The base is two coats of Amethyst. This is a very interesting purple. pp calls it a denim purple – yeah, makes no sense to me, either! The purple has tiny holographic flecks in it that shimmer blue. So, kind of a denim-y sheen. I can see why it is so popular. Very unique. That said.... it could use three coats. I found the colour almost too sheer for my liking. Had tip wear after a shortish while and the unevenness of some of my nails crept through. Weird that.


I topped this in a cuticle gradient with the extremely exciting and totally groovy Color Storm. This is the most fab glitter!!!! In fact, the Mr thought I had done a dotticure. The pieces are round and multi-coloured. I fished a bit for some yellow but all in all, very good glitter distribution with just stroking on. There is a fine white glitter in the clear base and the round flecks are in the primary colours.




So, this mani was a winner! Really like the purple tone (even if it could be more opaque) and the combo with the glitter.



For those who have been following, life is now on the horizon! The end of the café era was yesterday. Done, dusted and over. After cleaning, scrubbing (on all fours on the floor!), mopping and what-not, the exit inspection went fairly well with only one gripe. The landperson is overly defensive, morally unfair, an ungrateful being. Just no one you want to associate with. The Mr was very nervous going in, I tried to stay calm but in the end did unfortunately let the b*tchy out. !! The Mr brought it back on track. There is just no pleasing the person, so who knew what could be found not up to "standard" (ha! The place was a dump when we took over). But, done. Keys gone. We celebrated with bubbles, relaxing in our lounge, fire roaring, in our home, in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...