24 April 2014

Anzac Day 2014


Anzac Day. Am a bit unsure if you can wish someone a happy Anzac Day. Seems inappropriate. But I guess you could wish a happy holiday weekend. That is what it will be as Friday is a public holiday followed by the weekend. Was very busy this avo getting passport photos and my authorized signatures on my NZ citizenship application. Of course, it will be months until I am a citizen, but all the papers get couriered off to Wellington Monday morning!!! The passport photos are ick-o, totally bad lighting and she kept asking me to pull my hair back more as the camera thought my hair was the background or something. Not her fault, stupid criteria. Then all of a sudden it went click and she's printing! Oh well, eventually NZ passports are B/W!!!


I was supposed to be at Ripponburn this avo but they forgot about me! I arrived with all my stuff only to find a totally empty room. I knew I wasn't that early. But Frankie is off this week and no one knew about it so nothing happened. That is when I decided to get my authorized signatures and photos taken care of. To the mani!



The base is a big mix of gradiented colours. I started with two coats of Nfu Oh 93, a sheer blue jelly. Then I sponged on some greens (Layla and Indigo Bananas) and a bit of peach (Essie). I wanted a sky-grass type background. With a bit of sparkle! I top coated before continuing. This is really pretty on its own. A tad pale, so I would do another coat of Nfu Oh as a base. But the blue and green sponge looks good.



Then I drew some poppies and filled them in three stages with a poppy red, pink and rust to add depth. Oh, and the leaves got some green. When all was done, more top coat. In town today I was also wearing my poppy necklace so it was a bit of poppy overkill!! But I wanted the ladies to see the pendant and so was prepared for Ripponburn.



No idea if the Mr is off Anzac or not. All the vineyards are big into harvest right now and grapes have priority. But, since Anzac Day is a public holiday employers need to pay staff more – if they can, they let you stay home! If I am alone I plan on working on my new website design for my jewelry and nail studio. I have a mani client in the afternoon. Then Saturday is garage sale all day and depending on if the Mr works Sunday or not I will start cleaning up the cafĂ© for departure.


We have a couple of weeks for that but would like to get rid as soon as possible. So much to cancel out: phone, internet, EftPOS. Need the electrician in. Just heaps, but one day at a time. We are in a good spot timewise. On top of all this my girl is going through heartbreak right now. It doesn't look good, the guy is just not fronting up and stringing her along. Nothing anyone can do, but it hurts that she hurts. We (meaning everyone but her) all know it will pass and her life is so much bigger, but right now she only sees despair and dead ends.


right hand
Thanks for reading the blah-blah stuff! Colours used:

blue base: Nfu Oh 93
green base: Layla Grass in the Wind and Indigo Bananas EMS Recombination
peach base: Essie Resort Fling
poppy red: Zoya Sooki
poppy pink: Essie Raise Awareness
poppy rust: Kyo Kyo burnt orange
leaves: Cult Nails Deal with It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...