13 April 2014

My Ripponburn ladies 6:14


With a sad heart I have to let you all know that Ivy is gone. She passed away about four days after my visit. Lilian said "with beautiful nails!".  It all went very quickly. That is probably best. She was in my original gang of three, and now only Lilian is left. Lilian is very sad as she and Ivy were good friends. She feels a bit lonely. Lilian saved me the remembrance write-up and that is now pinned on my studio wall. I will miss Ivy. She was one of my favourites. I liked her.


lilian
nellie
gladys
My main girl Frankie was out so another lady was with me, and I had a smaller group it seemed. Lilian started as she missed out last time. Can you believe I forgot top coat?! Well, it was all OK except that Gladys could have used some top coat on her glitter mani to make it shine. And Nellie didn't want anything new as she was still rocking the mani from last time! Imagine! I have to say, it looked pretty good, too.

helly
doris
Helly loved what we did last time – but we never do the same again! She got similar instead! Doris could not decide and seemed very insecure on this day. So we went with a simple pink. Sometimes you just have to play safe.

joan the 2nd
ida
joan
Both Ida and Joan the 2nd had the same mani. Ida wanted something different but I was creating Joan's and knew Ida would love this. This is a stunning combo - rose pink duochrome with glitter on top. Very elegant. Main Joan wanted pink again and I said no. She had that last time and she was dressed all in autumn colours so she got copper – but only one coat, "nothing flashy". Too much!

margaret
dorothy
nameless blue
Margaret couldn't decide AT ALL. Got very flustered but I talked her through swatches and we decided on another autumnal look. Greens and golds. Nice. Then Dorothy, who had had visitors, "drove" in to the room in time for a mani! Lucky her. She got the same glitter as Margaret. The last lady will remain nameless as I have forgotten. First she didn't want anything, then she did. Still really don't know if she wanted a mani, but she got a blue one! And was smiling!
I go back on Thursday before Easter. So, soon. Sorry for the delay in posting this, have been very busy with life and stuff. But soon all will be good!

Mani breakdowns:
Lilian: one coat Chalkboard Black, one coat Nfu Oh 49
Nellie: (kept old mani) two coats OPI No Room for the Blues, one coat NL Rollin' with the Homies
Gladys: two coats OPI Thanks a Windmillion, one coat Nostalgic Lacquer You Oughta Know
Helly: two coats OPI Red-Y for Anything, one coat CG Make a Spectacle
Doris: one coat Orly Artificial Sweetener
Joan 2: two coats CG Swanky Silk, one coat OPI You Glitter be Good to Me
Ida: two coats CG Swanky Silk, one coat OPI You Glitter be Good to Me
Joan: one coat OPI Sprung
Margaret: one coat OPI Just Spotted the Lizard, one coat CG I Herd That
Dorothy: one coat Color Club Model Behavior, one coat CG I Herd That
Blue lady: one coat CG Want my Bawdy, one coat CG Make a Spectacle
 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Ivy. I suppose we kind of knew it was coming but sad nonetheless. I follow this series because I think it's so inspirational ehat you do for these ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sorry to hear that :( I've enjoyed getting to know your ripponburn ladies. Love the way you've got them being more adventurous and I'm sure it means a lot to them. Sometimes I paint a couple of 'my ladies' nails at work, wish I had more time....or someone as kind as you to do it for them! lol. X

    ReplyDelete

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...