10 April 2014

Autumn leaves on a Zoya Godiva base



Another pixie dust!!! The Zoya Pixie Dust collections are so beautiful and I have just two (boo). I just received this in another destash (well, bought, not received!) and am so happy. This is Godiva, a beige nude, and I decided to draw some foliage for an autumnal look. This is a difficult mani to photograph. Not only are the leaves non-centered (so going in "wrong" directions), the glistening of the nails reflects.



I started with two costs of Godiva. This is probably a colour I would need to wear now or earlier towards summer. It is a great nude, and it looks darker towards my skin tone in real life. But it is still very light and beige-y. So am afraid I would look too washed out in winter. But as a base for art it is great! I top coated before continuing to 1) level out the pixie unevenness a bit and 2) no smudges! Oh, and 3) had to get dinner started.



I drew the leaves randomly on each finger. Then I used dotting tools to draw in the leaves, one colour at a time. So, all my nails with the burnt orange, then red, then gold.... Top coat followed and when that was dry I went back and added some black lines and accents to the leaves. Then more top coat to set that.



After the fact I notice that this looks a bit Xmasy. But that was not my intention! I was aiming for autumn and some of the leaves look really good. To give the whole manner more "fall shimmer" I top coated with Nfu Oh 49 flaky so that when the nails hit the light, they glisten in orange. That was followed by yet another coat of Out the Door. All in all there are four coats of top coat on my nails and they definitely do not feel uneven. Below a list of the colours used.


right hand
Colours used:

base: Zoya Pixie Dust Godiva
reds: Kyo burnt orange, Zoya Sooki
copper: China Glaze Harvest Moon
green: China Glaze Agro
gold: OPI Goldeneye
brown: China Glaze Midtown Magic
top: Nfu Oh 49

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...