16 May 2014

Saran wrap poppies


After I was finished, I realized these are probably poppies. Was going for red nondescript flowers but they do look like poppies. I got this idea off, I think, Crumpet's FB group - but I can't remember. Looked pretty much the same so I will give credit and thanks out there in the wonderful wide web of nail art to someone!



The base is two coats of OPI My Vampire is Buff - a neutral vanilla cream. This is a great base for art, not as stark as white but light enough to showcase what's on top. And it looks fab matte (as you will see below).



Using the saran wrap technique, I squished up a piece of saran wrap, dipped it in polish and applied it haphazardly to my nails. I used CND Vinylux Serene Green. This is a nice deep green. I didn't need much, probably one dip / hand.



I wanted a tomato-y red so chose China Glaze Hey Sailor and just did dot flowers. I pulled them together to form petals and then added Vampire dots on top of that and some black accents. Pulled it all together with top coat.

right hand

With whites and blacks (i.e. extreme darks and lights) I think it is a good idea to do cuticle clean up regardless. My lines were pretty good but these colours just seem to bring out the worst in a mani! I wore this a couple of days then decided to matte up the whole thing! There is something about pastels and lights that look great with a matte top coat.




In the photos it is hard to see a difference! But I can in real life. So, the three above pics are all with matte top coat. The mani is still looking pretty good after three days and I will also wear tomorrow to my second time out at the Queenstown faire. And I will continue to wear it tomorrow night (movie date night!) as I have no time to change. But am hoping to do something new on Sunday as I have some newbies that I am dying to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you everyone for reading my post and perhaps commenting. I read all comments and appreciate you taking the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...